Saturday, February 5, 2011

THE SMALL ACT

photo: catholicsensibility.wordpress.com

"Sometimes I think the whole reason I converted to Catholicism is because its churches are open all day." Heather King muses on sobriety and small things greater than herself in her book, Redeemed:
READ IT HERE!

Other exciting news: I have submitted the final manuscript of Shirt of Flame: A Year with St. Thérèse of Lisieux to the good Sr. Mercy at Paraclete Press and they are saying the book has a pub date of September of this year.

I just sold an essay to The Sun.

JANUARY, 2011 ISSUE
I have an essay coming out soon in Notre Dame Magazine.

AUTUMN 2010 ISSUE
I have planted three different colors of sweet pea seeds (Royal White, Royal Pink, and Zinfandel) in my back yard.

SWEET PEAS
photo: travelpod.com

As Mother Teresa said: "We can do no great things. Only small things with great love."

5 comments:

  1. For years, I thought farro and spelt were the same thing -- before I was set straight, and not gently, by a member of the Whole Grains Defense League who also happens to be a friend. You know how that goes.

    Congratulations on the publications (and republications!). So looking forward to September.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's a whole bunch of success there. Enough to make your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and let's not even begin on quinoa or wheat berries!...as always, thanks for checking in...the Whole Grains Defense League--why don't we turn our military budget to that instead...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your ex-husband's sufferings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the publications- what a feeling !
    All things will be well etc etc.
    Blessings for the downside of illness of ex -hubby

    ReplyDelete

I WELCOME your comments!!!